Friday, September 17, 2010





Brice Saunders and Rebecca Tarlington Part 3: A Glass of Sherrie

Rebecca waited at the restaurant ten minutes past when she said she would leave, when she realized that Brice wasn't coming she got her thing got up from the table and started walking to her car, but just before she opened the door everything went black, someone was waiting for her and put a black bag over her head. She would have screamed but the the thickness of the bag wouldn't have allowed anyone to hear her, she could feel power hands pick her up throw her over someones shoulder and carry her off to a van. When they took the bag off her head there was Brice, handsome as ever and with a devilish smile he was sitting in a nice grey suit his dark suit, and he was sitting across from her at a table for two apparently on the roof of a building somewhere. "Would you care for a glass of Sherrie, it goes good with ultimatums something I don't care for too much and death treats I care for even less." At this point Rebecca was enraged but she bit her toung stood up to leave the table but then she felt two hand grab her shoulders and push her back down in the chair, "Why am I being held prisoner?" Brice at that point fired back, "Why did you threaten to kill any of my friends, at which point that is a friend of mine that is helping me tonight you see I called him to go to the restaurant and watch you then when you were ready to leave to bring you here instead, you see he doesn't like threats even worst than I do." Rebecca was trying to determine what he wanted in her mind but she couldn't think on figure it out, "So why am I here?" Brice pointed at the Sherrie glass again, "Please; sherrie shouldn't breath that long, you see this clock is nothing more than a piece of my heritage but you were determine to use it against me that's what I want to know, so until you tell me why that is so we are going to have a long night." Rebecca wasn't going to touch the glass of sherrie but she knew she had to get him talking more, "So what happens when I tell you why?" Brice smiled that smile again, "I promise your safety but if you don't tell us we're going to have to get extreme you see my friend is nobody to mess with when he's angry, and I'm not a bad guy your just pushing me to be so." Rebecca liked him even through all this she liked him, "Listen send the friend away and I'll talk to you right now your not showing me any faith at all and until I feel safe we are going to have a long night." Brice knew he had gone as far as he could with the bluff so in compliance with her wishes the friend walked away, "That is fair enough and I'm sincerely sorry for all this tonight I hoped it wouldn't have come to this but when I saw that clock today it was a dream come true and then you did me like that tonight, and that was the last straw." Rebecca had her way a little and got an explanation, one bad turn deserves another so she was softening a little especially looking into his deep brown eyes as he said what he just said she could tell he was being honest. "Well you see that clock is nothing more than a clock to you but to my family and I it's a piece of a puzzle that stands 110 years old." Brice was intrigued, "How is this clock a piece of a puzzle?" Rebecca knew this next part would be a surprise, "If you want to open the back of the clock you'll see what I'm talking about." Brice picked up the clock and opened the back "64 steps from angels door step, and 60 more to the right, then 100 more from Kindle and you'll be Right." Brice was stunned "What is all this" he asked fully confused. "It's apart of a old west map this is a clue to a treasure our grandfathers hid together after a robbery with the wild bunch, you see if you hadn't done anything but have dinner with me tonight or went for the clock you wouldn't have been worth the time but since you fought back like your grandfather would, you past my little test." Rebecca finally took a sip of the sherrie in front of her.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment