Wednesday, September 1, 2010



Rain On The Window

The rain drops on the outside of the window was a welcomed sight to the man who hadn't had a day off in three months, but the boss called him that morning and told him the day was a wash go ahead and have a day off. He was sipping on his coffee and looking out the front window this was a nice kind of day relaxation without guilt, then his phone rang, he answered it and found it was his girlfriend. "Simon if you have the day off why don't I come on over." Simon thought about it for a split second but that was all it took, "Okay but promise me one thing." She answered "Oh no what's that?" Simon knew he had her attention, "No funny business just you me the couch movie and popcorn believe it or not a man likes to just cuddle some days too." The young woman had plans for them today but that was alright, "Alright then I choose the movies all chick flicks and fat free popcorn." He expected this, "Alright just come on over, I'm not coming out of my pajama's today." Within an hour she arrived at his front door with three movies and popcorn, "Stacey, come on in hon." The young woman walked in took her rain coat off and he noticed it right off "I see you haven't taken your pajamas off either." They kept to his wishes no fooling around just a lot of cuddling and movies and conversation, with each hour they laid with each other in each others arms the couple were growing attached to each other, the rain kept beating down and they ended up talking more than watching the movies. When it got really late she looked at him and said "Well hon I'm going to have to go it's late and you wake up early in the morning." Then Simon took her in his arms kissed her passionately walked to the front door it was still raining, he turned to her and said "Not tonight, tonight your staying with me." He picked her up like one of the characters from the movies they had just watched and carried her off to bed. The next morning it was still raining and he was standing at the same window watching the rain steadily beat down it was the phone that woke up Stacey she walked up from behind him wrapped her arms around him and said "Who was that calling so early in the morning." Simon looked at her "Good morning, want some coffee, we have another day together that was my boss he told me to stay home." Stacey smiled "Daddy knows where I am, I told him where I was going last night I think he's trying to trap you into staying with the company by turning me loose on you." Simon smiled "Not the only reason" He reached into his robe pockets pulled out a small box "I told him I was going to purpose to a beautiful woman that he knew well and he agreed I should, will you marry me?" The face was bliss on Stacey's face she knew what yesterday meant he was testing to see if she loved him in his own way. "Of course I will but." He stopped her "What, but?" Stacey was having fun with him "Every rainy day for the rest of our lives promise me we'll do what we did yesterday." Simon smiled "Absolutely, only one thing?" Stacey asked him "What one thing." His smile widened "No more fat free popcorn." Stacey laughed out loud "But I'll get fat and your going to have to love it no matter what." They turned to the window and started planning the future they had all day to talk about this the rain drops on the outside window was a welcome sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment