Tuesday, October 19, 2010





Mother's Birthday

Today is my mothers birthday, she is known by other names to other people, her grandfather would call her Sissy, her sister calls her b***h sorry had to edit that one although it is said in jest to one another, but many calls her other things, their rock, the confidant, amongst other things. I know I call her the greatest thing a man can call another, Mom, she was the one who carried me for nine months, she willingly destroyed her figure for me, she suffered broken toes, stress, and grey hair for me. Mom's are really special but, even though I'm prejudice on this, nobody has ever had a better mother than I, when I bloodied my knee I would run to Mom, when I broke my arm I had the school call Mom. Mom made me finish school, she helped me learn my studies, she kicked me out of bed every morning to make sure I was by the road for when the bus came. She is the one person I know I can depend on, she is the most beautiful word for me in the entire English language, Mother. Today she is turning another year older, and the grey streaks are shining on top of her head, but she is still that beautiful woman to me that raised me along side my father, she is loved by almost everyone she meets, but try and match my love for her against anyone else in this world and their love would be pale. Does that make me a mamma's boy, I don't mind if it does, deep inside all men are, but Donna Lee (Hughes) Shouse is my mother, and I love her.

Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment