Sunday, October 17, 2010





Orange Leaves

The young man was out an about right after the sun came up going from door to door asking people if they wanted their lawn mowed from all the leaves that had fallen he had done three yards and was going on to the next yard. He did his usual sales pitch the whole yard for ten bucks, he got done with the front yard and was about to get to the back, however he realized he hadn't had a break all day so he laid down under the tree looking up to the bright orange colors that the leaves had turned. The cool air was blowing on his sweaty forehead his eyes were getting heavy so he sat straight up and rubbed his eyes, "I can't go to sleep I got a job to do." However the young man was only fourteen and he had put in a man's size job in already so he laid back down and didn't even realize that he was falling asleep, when the lady woke him up it was three hours later, "Young man, I don't mind you taking a nap but I would like my yard done today." The young man got up and jumped up and said, "Oh man I am sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep, I'm sorry." The old woman looked at the young man and giggled, "That alright my husband did the same thing under that very tree, it's quite comfortable." The young man got done with the back yard in a hurry and didn't even expect pay so he just went ahead and started to leave but the woman called to him, "Young man don't forget the money we agreed on." The old woman gave him a twenty and said, "Oh it was like having my Roger here for just a short time again, you take that and have fun." The young man went on home but the old woman went back inside got a photo album out and turned the pages, she was looking for a certain picture, and she found it, and she laughed to herself. The photo was of a man asleep under a tree with a lawn mower, "Oh Roger that tree just snared another I hope your proud." Then she shut the book laid back and fell asleep herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment