Sunday, October 10, 2010





Prayers, Dreams, And A Beautiful Sky

He took a deep breath, and let it out again, it had been hard week, he lost his girlfriend, his father was in the hospital not expected to make it, he got laid off work, so he just sat there after spending a full twenty-four hours next to his father in the hospital. He wasn't drinking a beer, he wasn't cooking anything on his grill, he was just looking to the sky, a prayer in his heart and on his mind, the clouds were forming to be like a symphony tonight, but his heart was too low to really appreciate it. He could handle loosing his girlfriend, he could handle getting canned, but loosing his father would be too much to handle all together. He sat there not knowing what else she should have done with his father, could he talked with him more, could he have went for a drive with him more, could he have gone fishing last weekend when he asked, or just worked with him more. "Mortality is not up to me I guess so it's in God's hands now," he put his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes, "What am I going to do, not now please not now, I need him like no other time, I need him to talk to me, I need him to be alright." Just then from behind him, "It's not about you Robbie you never got that he want to spend time with you but you were too busy with that girlfriend, he wanted you to go fishing but you volunteered to work." Robbie turned around angry, "Who asked you to come here, Basil." The older man looked at Robbie with authority, "That's Uncle Basil to you, ever since that girl got into your life we never saw you, too busy for your family." Robbie didn't want to hear this on his own property so he answered back, "So what do you want UNCLE Basil, you want to hear I'm sorry, that now I'm out of a job, that I'm on knees praying every second for my father to live what do you want? The older man smiled, "I want you to be a man for your mother, and come to work with me at the family business." The younger man was still angry, but he needed a job, "What will you pay me?" Basil laughed, "Don't you worry about pay a man without work needs work, just be there, oh and see Janice when you get there she'll have the details for you, that's it talk to you later, that is a beautiful sky tonight." Then the older man turned and started walking away, but turned around, "No worries, all is going to be better now, oh and your Grandma says Hi and she loves you." The hand was like a sticky sponge on his face when he woke up, but he got up with a start, "Uncle Basil, no he's been dead for fifteen years, and Grandma has been gone longer than him weird dream." He got up took a good look at the sky one more time, "That is a nice sky." He went inside got a shower and change of clothes and got to the hospital, walking through the elevator, and into the lobby, he saw his sister, "Maggie is there any change," he yelled at first sight of her. "Robbie your not going to believe it he woke up and started complaining that he wanted a cup of coffee," the younger woman said in a excited tone. Robbie actually could believe it he doesn't know why but on the way to the hospital he knew it was alright, "Okay well I'm going to go to the room and see Dad." Robbie nearly run down the hall and to his room, "Dad, Dad you're alright." The older man looked at his son, "What's with people around here you forget to take your insulin one day and they think your gonna die, go get me a cup of coffee son would you please." The mother looked at her son, "Don't you dare the doctor doesn't want him having anything unless its approved by him." Robbie was relived to see his father so full spunk, "Well Dad what would you say about me coming to work with you again?" The older man nearly jumped for joy in his bed, "What made you come to that decision?" Robbie replied, "Well I got laid off again, and I miss working next to you." The older man was smiling, "Good, good see you on Monday then." The mother had her arms crossed, "Oh no you won't, you'll be at the lake with me resting for a week the Doctor said he wants you to relax for a week." Robbie looked at his father, "Dad that's alright I'll go when you do, we need to go fishing again don't we." His father laid his head back on the pillow and said, "We sure do son, we sure do." "Mr. Green I heard you were in a coma I just got off work and came right here, what happened," Robbie turned around and saw a beautiful young woman walk into the room she was smartly dressed and was quite elegant. "The old fool forgot his insulin, Janice this is our son Robbie," his mother said to the woman. "I have heard a lot about you Mr. Green your father talks about you all the time." Robbie was smitten, "It's Robbie and it's my pleasure, wait you said her name is Janice?" His mother looked at him confused, "Yes why dear?" Robbie smiled and looked outside the sky, "I understand you now old man, I'll ask her." He turned around and looked at Janice, "Janice we are going to the lake this week and we have two cabins out there would you care to join us?" The younger woman was amused "Are you sure?" The mother said without hesitation, "Yes dear one more woman around would be a nice touch." Robbie couldn't take his eyes of the woman, to which the father said, "Careful Janice seems like these two are trying to add to the family."

No comments:

Post a Comment