Sunday, August 8, 2010



Miracle Lake

Walking to this lake felt like a return to home this was where he met his wife while fishing with his father one day it is also where he had brought his best friends and it turned into a monthly camping trip for the four of them. This lake is where he rented a cabin for a week when his father had past, his wife was instrumental in helping him deal with his loss but mainly it was his son a boat and, this Lake. He didn't know why it had taken him so long to return here with his wife but life had gotten so busy he just simply hadn't the time, with two kids in college and a mortgage to deal with. This place was his strength and the solitude was nice to have away from the hustle and bustle of the city, clean air and cool water in the fall somehow makes him feel closer to God. His thoughts were on his two children Robert who had gone this year and Annie who was in her third year, he missed those kids and it killed him to be so far away from them. His wife came to him and put her arm through his arm and pulled him close then laid her head on his shoulders and stared across the waters with him. "It's even more beautiful than I remember." She smiled a sleepy smile "You say that every time it's good to know some things never change". He was still in awe as he said in a lonely tone. "I love them and I miss them so much". His wife raised her head off his shoulder and said, "Well honey, they're not dead we'll see them when they have dirty laundry or if they just come home for the weekend." To which his reply "I wish they were here then, there how about that." She said raised up and kissed him on the cheek. "You are just like your father so much love that it fills the lake itself, and that makes me love you all the more." Well Dad was special that was for sure. “The memory of his father flooded him, but like most men he didn't allow a tear to fall onto his face, he was ready to pick out a spot and sit down a while but his wife had other plans.”Honey let's go back to the car I'm a little chilly it's really cool out here." To which he replied. "Alright, Chilly Millie, let's go". She laughed in a shocked and lovingly and hit him with closed fish semi hard on his shoulder. "I thought I told you not to call me that James." He began walking back to the car with his arm draped around his wife’s neck. "Millie I love you, I know I don't say it enough but I do." She said with a glint in her eyes, "I know you love me I feel it every day, which is why I have a surprise for you when we get back to the car." He picked up his pace, "Good let's get there". They were walking back to the car and from a distance he saw a man lying on his car he turned to his wife and said. "Honey stay here a man is laying on our car and this could be ugly alright" James was a man that was who looked like a mountain, muscular and his appearance with full beard and a tall stocky body would make you believe he was a retired boxer. As he got closer he thought he recognized the man on his car but couldn't remember where from, when he was no more than twenty feet away from the car and the man a smile came on his face. "Robbie is that you son?" The young man rose up from the car and walked to his father and hugged him. "Mom said you and she would be here so we thought we would surprise you two and come up and bring a lunch." The father caught every word "You said we, son?" His son pointed to a place just behind him. "Dad it's been too long so I took a red eye to get here, when I heard you were coming back here I couldn't resist." The father not able to hold his emotions any long began crying and took both of his children in his arms. "I love you two, my babies." They both exclaimed their love for him and the son added "Hey dad I got the bait and fishing reels in the car, no boat but I don't think we'll need it." When the mother finally made it down the hill she looked at her husband and said "Honey I knew how much you had been missing your father and I knew you were missing the kids, so I called both of them and sent Annie the airplane ticket last week, it was a red eye, but she's here, I love you too." This lake had brought the man closer to his father it had introduced him to his wife, and now it was introducing him to his adult children now. In all honesty the lake was just a place where he could go to find calm, it was God using the lake to make a loving family. As James was driving home later that night from a beautiful day with his family knowing his daughter and son were coming home for a couple days behind him, his wife sound asleep in the passenger seat, he said out loud. "Thank you dear Lord, for making my Miracle Lake."

No comments:

Post a Comment