Friday, August 6, 2010





The Roses

An older woman was sitting near a rose bush in her back yard looking at her roses she had done this many times but today was special she could feel the love they gave off today. As she sat a smile came and a tear began streaming down her face, but these were not tears of sadness or tears from fear, these were tears of happiness. Her grandson not understanding in his childish mind walked over to her, being only a little boy of six years old he didn't understand. "Grandma, why are you crying?" The grandmother looked over at him and picked him up and sat him on her lap "Oh, big man you’re getting too big. I'm not crying because I'm sad I'm crying because I'm happy". The little boy was even more confused. "Grandma, that's dumb, why would you cry when you’re happy"? The grandmother knowing she wouldn't get away from this so simple had to tell the little boy a story. "Well I was looking at the roses and they reminded me of when I was young, I was in a new town and I knew nobody I was working in a seamstress shop and getting a little scared and was thinking about going home. One day a man came in to have his jacket repaired, oh he was a handsome man much like you." At this point she tickled the little boy in the side to which the little boy replied. "Grandma". She continued "Well that young man came in the next day and left something else to be repaired and kept doing this for a long time. But one day he came in and I was expecting this as he was becoming a regular at this point and I knew what for, but he was so shy. He gave me a white rose and asked me out on a date that night, it was a very nice restaurant and we talked and talked for what seemed like hours, at the end of the date he gave me another rose and said ""This is for friendship"" we dated a long time after that and each night he would give me a white rose. Then another night came and it went as well as they always did but this time he gave me a pink rose, and with that pink rose he said ""This is for love"" and he told me that he loved me. I was so deeply in love with him that he felt like my world, with every breath I took made me fall deeper and deeper for him. He kept giving me pink roses and then one night he took my breath away with a stunning red Rose ""This is for passion, will you marry me?"" OF course I said yes to him right away, he kept giving me roses for a while but when we were married they slowed down but on our first anniversary I walked into our home and found two dozen each of white, pink and red roses and he said ""I love you because your my best friend, and because you’re so passionate."" Then I got roses for children being born, and grandchildren. He is the love of my life." The little boy looked up at his grandma still not fully understanding asked. "Grandma who is the love of your life?" "I am little man" Grandpa came up to her giving her a single white rose, "Now that we are retired and celebrating fifty years I thought this would be appropriate for today, who else would I care to be married to for so long than my best friend." As they walked into the house their four children were there with their grandchildren and their friends. Where upon he took her in his arms and kissed her in front of everyone who could witness, "I love you so dearly my love." With tears in her eyes "I love you too". Then from nowhere a child’s voice was heard. "Grandma's crying again".

No comments:

Post a Comment